teshumai: luke skywalker and wedge antilles in black and white (Default)
[personal profile] teshumai
Dear Creator

Thank you for making something for me. The prompts are just suggestions if you want them, I'm not particularly attached to receiving one.

DC Comics
X-men Comics
New Mutants
X-force
New Warriors
Super Powereds
The Expanse
Rick Brant Science Adventure Novels
Arthurian Mythology
Les Enfants du Paradis | Children of Paradise (1945)

DNW and Likes
DNW*:
    - I would prefer no crossovers or non-canon or setting aus (including things like soulmates, omegaverse, or magical creatures). Canon aus such as House of M or canon divergence aus are both fine.
    - I'm not easily squicked so most any sexual kink is fine, however I'm not really into non-sexual kinks (so for example if someone is getting spanked I'd like it to be about sexual gratification foremost)


*any prompt that contradicts a DNW can be considered an exception you are free to disregard the DNW in that particular case

Likes:
    -close friendships
    -enemy mine tropes
    -friends to lovers
    -found family (not necessarily happily found)
    -identity porn
    -the setting/genre/aesthetics of noir
    -case-fic and action/adventure stories
    -"I Will Find You" tropes
    -pining (requited not necessary)
    -superpowers during sex
    -first times

top

FANDOMS


DC Comics

Arkillo/Guy Gardner
I really love the conflicted loyalty baked into this pairing. They've both dedicated themselves to leaders whose conflict is inevitable but they still come through for each other. They still find away to make it work but there's always this under current of approaching storms to it.

    - Arkillo has helped Guy deal with his past, Perhaps guy can return the favor.

    - Beer Buddies slowly evolves into something more.

Michael Carter/Ted Kord (DCU (Comics))
I love how much fun these guys have together, how fast they just clicked. I think that's part of what makes Ted death so heartbreaking. I am totally up for both extremes, the light-hearted hijinks style of their JLI/Super-buddies run or the angst of post Identity Crisis. My favorite runs with them are the early JLI, when Booster is first introduced, and Booster Gold (2007)

    - Getting fake married for a mission that doesn't actually require anyone be fake married.

    - Ted didn't actually mean to ask Booster to marry him, there was joke, people were laughing and now Booster is moving into his penthouse.

Connor Hawke/Kyle Rayner (DCU (Comics))
I really loved their friendship and how it developed from basically shared daddy issues to the real thing. I like that they support each other and are their for each other no matter what but also they just hang out sometimes (and we get see that). In a medium where most characters often have these big explosive relationships (even the best friends) there was something sort of quiet and easy between them (not that they didn't get into their fare share of arguments). I particularly like their dynamic in Hard Travelling Heroes II.

    - Post Rebirth - Wally's back and with him memories of a different life, everyone is talking about how everything is right again, so why does Kyle still fill like something is missing? And how can he find it again if doesn't even know what or who it is?

    - Connor likes the idea of waiting, of only ever being with one person. (I should add I have a virginity kink, just in case you wanted to go that way)

Wally West/Hartley Rathaway
Waid's run of Flash with Wally is one of my favorites in comics. I really loved the way he reworked a lot of Barry's villains particularly Hartley and the relationship he develops with Wally. I've not been up on what he's been doing lately but you can definitely use current comics if you want to.

    - Hartley is very good at taking care of everyone but himself and Wally isn't very good at taking care of anyone including himself, somehow together they get it to work.

    - Captured together without there powers/tools and they have to work together to get out.

James Jesse/Hartley Rathaway
I really like the dynamic the two of them had in the pre-52 era, up through the final crisis countdown. James is a ton of fun and Hartley is such a great character. I've not been caught up on what they're doing in current continuity but you can use time period you want.

    -Being a reformed super-villain is hard sometimes and very boring, luckily James has Hartley to help him blow off some steam.

    - James knows Hartley wants him, and he plans to use that to get what he wants, he did not intend to catch feelings.

top


X-men Comics

Black Tom Cassidy/Cain Marko
From their first team up back in the 70s to now these two have been pretty much inseparable. They seem to truly care for each other even as they don't really seem to care for much else in the world and I kind of love that about them. I'm more looking for established relationship fic for them rather than anything about getting together. Their cameo's in X-force are some of my favorite.

    - criminal husbands on a crime spree doing crime and proposing marriage

    - Black Tom's is essential to getting Krakoa up and running, but he won't come without Cain. Awkward reunions with Charles are bound to come up.

Scott Summers/Warren Worthington III
Scott and Warren sure spend a lot of time thinking about how handsome and wonderful the other is and how much better they would be for Jean. It sort of gets to the point where you just start wanting them to admit they want each other and let Jean go discover herself with Wanda or something. I've written in regards to other pairings before how much I love the 05 and the bond they have and Scott and Warren really exemplify that for me. They are arguably the two who butt heads the most but they still have love and trust and care about each without hesitation.

    - Ten(ish) years later Scott suddenly gets back the memory of the first person he fell in love with.

    - Krokoa is weird place with weird flora maybe there's some sex pollen if you're feeling kinky maybe there's a hanahaki spore if you're feeling angsty. Maybe there's just some bad allergy pollen. Whatever flower based you're feeling really would probably be fun!

Bobby Drake/Simon Lasker (616)
So I really liked them slowly developing a friendship over the course of x-men:gold and I was really into them hooking up. I'm sad to see Simon has gotten lost in the land of forgotten X-men but I'd love to see your take on what he's up to lately. You can find Simon in X-Men Gold and maybe someday we'll see him again.

    - Bobby's a bon-a-fide pirate now, he gets to do pirate things like get very drunk and marry his one night stand.

    - The Marauders help mutants who can't get to Krakoa, Simon is their next mission.

Bobby Drake/Warren Worthington III
I really love the deep connection the O5 all have to each other and for these two in particular I think they have a sort of interesting play especially as the years go on and things get more and more dark with Warren and Bobby is still fighting to stay light despite everything. X-factor vol. 1 is really a good run with them.

    - Bobby is going to make Warren laugh again if it's the last thing he does.

    - Caring for those wings is a lot of work, Bobby is all to happy to help out.

Bobby Drake/Hank McCoy
I really love their friendship. They've been together so long. I think they tend to bring out the best in each other and they care so much. I really liked their original appearance in the 60s and X-factor.

    - all those trips to the coffee-a-go-go were totally dates, Bobby unfortunately didn't get the memo.

    - Jean and Scott are getting married again or maybe just renewing their vows, when they've both been dead the exact legal status gets a bit fuzzy, Bobby and Hank are both dateless, guess they'll have to go together.

Bobby Drake/Jean-Paul Beaubier
I have a love/hate relationship with Austin's run on X-men but it definitely left me shipping these two. I think they would kind of be a disaster but a fun disaster. Bobby is sweet and fun and never lets anything get to serious, Jean-paul takes everything very seriously but it's hard to be so intense all the time around Bobby. I don't mind this ship being unrequited or requited but never realized. They're my angsty ship.

    - They have always had timing with each other, Jean-paul falls in love before Bobby is ready to face his feelings. Jean-paul is already moved on when Bobby is ready to admit he wanted him too. Maybe someday in some universe they might get it right.

    - Love is what always breaks the curse or mindcontrol or brainwashing. At least it better because Love is all Jean-paul's got at the moment and Bobby is about to start the next ice age.

top

New Mutants

Douglas Ramsey/Warlock
I love the sweetness of their relationship and that it's based on not being afraid of people that are different. I'm mostly familiar with them from the New Mutants era and have not read a lot of their later appearances.

    - How's that sex work?

    - Doug is a small and squishy human and Warlock knows how easily he can die so Warlock makes sure he's the one taking all the damage on their missions.

top

X-force

Rictor/Shatterstar
I love the relationship between these two. I love the whole childhood friends to lovers, I love that it's complicated and hard and they break up sometimes but that they always come back to each other. I'm happy to read about any point in their history.

    - Mojo wants the TV rights to their wedding and he'll go to any lengths to get them

    - Pretending to date the ex you still have feelings for to save the world is hardly the worst thing Rictor ever been forced to endure, but it's getting close.

top

New Warriors

Vance Astrovik/Robert Baldwin (Marvel (Comics))
They've been through a lot together and so much has changed since they were kids in the New Warriors. I really love the ride or die loyalty they've developed. I really love how Vance has grown into a leader over the years. The 2014 series by Yost is definitely my favorite iteration of them.

    - Road Trip Adventure time with Vance and Robbie, travelling the country, saving people, finding themselves.

    - Robbie is apparently not as over the Penance stuff as he pretends to be, does Vance find out? And what does he do about it?

Vance Astrovik/Kaine
They had some great UST. I like the sort of opposites attract with them. Vance is really a Good Person(tm) and Kaine really doesn't see that in himself, but Vance sees it. And it's not that Vance is naive or doesn't understand how bad people can be he just believes in redemption.

    - Kaine's been busy dealing with Spider-stuff all by himself, he forgot he has a team now and Vance is here to remind him.

    - Vance mentioned killing someone before and now that they have some down time Kaine is going to figure out what exactly he meant.

top

Super Powereds
I really like the characters from this series, particular the early generation and slowly learning more about them and the tragedy that echos down to the year one class. We got most of the bones of it, but there's still a lot of meat to fill in.

Sean Pendleton/Blaine Jefferies
I really like the old last of our crew marred by a great tragedy trope and they do it so well. I like the long largely unspoken history between them full of good and bad. I'm very fond of Blaine and Chad's relationship so if you wanted to include that I would be very happy.

    - What was the lead up to Sean's arrest? How did Blaine catch him?

    - Sharing a glass of Whiskey and reminiscing.

top


The Expanse
I love this show. I love the world building and the science and the characters so much. I love the way all of it works together to create a world that feels really real.

Charanpal/Cotyar
The way both Cotyar and Chrisjen talked about Charanpal and what is owed to who made me feel like they were closer then just comrades in arms. I'd like to see some exploration of that relationship, since we only have hints to go on.

    - How did they meet? Who were they to each other? How did they fall in love?

    -Chrisjen's outsider POV on the man who would have been in son-in-law.

top


Rick Brant Science Adventure Novels
I used to read this series as a kid and I recently found them at my library and reread a bunch of them and they are still as fun as I remember. I love the characters and the banter between Scotty and Rick and the hopeful we're going to solve this problem with SCIENCE! approach to everything.

Rick Brant/Don Scott
I really like the camaraderie between these two, the banter and the deep friendship and how fast they fall into each others lives.

    - Scotty finally found a family and place to belong, but how long would that last if they knew how he felt about Rick?

    - We almost died sex is the best sex.

top


Arthurian Mythology

Arthurian Mythology is more or less what you want it to be, so here I am making it my favorite tropes. I am giving you permission to ignore my no setting AU DNW for this fandom because the setting is already vague enough and as long as the general canonish hierarchy/history of the relationships is maintained I will be happy with space or modern or transplanted to china or even probably coffee-shops. Still DNW crossovers though. My favorite English historical period is 500-900 AD if you were looking to write in a "canon" period.

Arthur/Kay
I love my grew-up together ships. I love that Kay is Arthur's first Knight and he stays his loyal knight to the end. I love that Arthur is generally this sort of grand optimist creating an idea of knighthood and Kay is just a ornery bastard most of the time.

    - There have been many great loves over the course of Arthur's life, some very short some quite long, but through it all there as always been Kay.

    - It doesn't matter how grand Arthur's court grows he will always be little Wart and he will always be Kay's.

Galahad/Percival
I like the way these two feel like outsiders in the court in a lot tales. It's a sort of strange connection between them. I also really like the adventuring for the grail together story and imagine them becoming friends on their perilous journey.

    -Getting to know each other on their journey to find the grail

    -Sexual discoveries for two young men who hadn't thought much about it before they met.

top


Les Enfants du Paradis | Children of Paradise (1945)
Baptiste Deburau/Frédérick Lamaître

I really enjoyed this movie and the friendship between the two men. I like that they seem to have an understanding from the first moments they meet. They both have these big dreams that no one else believes in, but they believe in each other.

    -getting together during the time skip

    -Baptiste didn't go out again that first night or possibly Frederick goes with him and the night ends very differently for everyone.

top

Date: 2020-06-07 12:08 am (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Hi! I was browsing letters (there's a great set of ships here <3), and happened to notice that one of your requested ships, Scott/Warren, is missing from your letter, so I thought to let you know, in the event you wish to add prompts for it. Sorry for dropping in like this?

Profile

teshumai: luke skywalker and wedge antilles in black and white (Default)
Snowshus

May 2020

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
1011121314 1516
17181920 212223
24252627282930
31      

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 19th, 2026 03:52 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios